wrap shirt from leftover fabric

I finally got round to making the Desira shirt pattern from Burdastyle.com and am very happy that I did. I used the leftover fabric from my last dress (the Azalea.)

It was one of the quickest things I’ve sewn up (surprisingly easy) and am very happy with the result, despite making a rather horrible mistake! While I was finishing up a front seam with some pinking shears, I carelessly cut a hole in the garment. Yes folks, I’m a klutz. Anyway, my clever sister-in-law Jill who is visiting us from the UK recommended I make a little flower with some leftover scraps and cover up the patched hole. Definitely a happy accident! I honestly couldn’t be happier with how it turned out.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s