…and with just a few snips and seams — presto change-o — you can have a rockin’ tunic!
For The Smiths dress below, I used the extra material from the original sleeves to make the yoke. I was lucky enough to have some blue knit jersey in my fabric stash that worked perfectly with the Radiohead tee. For the yokes, I used Built By Wendy pattern 3692. Then, I simply took in the original side seams and gathered the tops to fit the yokes. Don’t know if you can tell at first glance (please say you can’t!) but I accidentally sewed the back yoke on to the front of the Radiohead dress, that’s why my neckline is higher than it should be…and when you look at it from the back, it’s more noticeble that it’s backwards. 😐 Oh well. It’s still wearable, and that constitutes a success in my book.